An MBA from Aston University Online comes with a lot of benefit for Canadians.
Our MBA fast facts:
- 100 percent online - bringing quality UK education to your doorstep
- Complete in two years; six intakes per year
- Affordable, accredited quality degree
- Flexible study options - perfect for working professionals
- Work experience counts - entry route without undergraduate degree available
- Join a global alumni network of more than 90,000 people
- Build global connections with peers and future business leaders
- Business School has triple accreditation from Equis, AACSB and AMBA
- Top 15 in the World (QS Distance Online MBA Rankings 2017)
- MBA ranked No. 1 in the UK and in Top 3 in world for ROI (The Economist 2014)
- 37th - Online MBAs Global MBA Rankings (CEO Magazine 2018)
- Student satisfaction score 90 percent (National Student Survey)
Best of all, we have Canadian support staff waiting to help you complete your application today.
Why an Aston MBA for Canadians?
Our fully online, accredited MBA, recognized in Canada for success, is priced at a fraction of comparable degrees. We’re triple accredited and ranked among the top MBAs globally. By earning this Master of Business Administration degree, you’ll separate yourself in the eyes of potential employers that demand a candidate with a top ranked MBA. If you compare the price point of this MBA versus the same degree from one of the top five ranked Canadian universities, you will find that an MBA from Aston University is about 30% of the overall cost.
What will you get with an online MBA from Aston University?
Aston University is internationally recognized and may provide you with the credentials to obtain top positions at companies like Scotiabank, 3M, Adobe, Salesforce, Deloitte, CIBC, KPMG and many others. You will learn from industry-experienced experts who are respected leaders in their fields. Every subject has real-world, experiential learning opportunities that link industry to the subject matter.
By completing this degree, you’ll develop valuable skills including:
- Leadership: Build competencies to think and act like a leader. Negotiate with confidence and define the direction of your career
- Communication: Improve your written and oral communication skills to inspire teamwork and gain insight
- Networking: Build connections with peers, professors and Aston alumni
- Change management: Understand what it means to be a change agent and have the skills to lead change
- Ethical awareness: Develop a total understanding of business ethics and the important role businesses play in communities like yours
- Self-Confidence/Self-Awareness: Know your strengths and how to communicate them to potential employers. Develop true self-confidence in your abilities
There are many other skills that you will learn by taking your MBA online from your home in Canada with Aston University that are exclusive to our program.
Online MBA salaries
Taking your online MBA can open up a world of opportunity!
According to Canadian Business Magazine, upgrading your business degree can pay huge dividends in the long-run - especially for your salary. On average, you can expect at least a 75 per cent pay increase by obtaining your online MBA. Furthermore, according to the Financial Times, people who apply for MBAs tend to make roughly $55,000 and graduates may earn on average, $142,000 annually.
In terms of a return on investment, obtaining your MBA online from a world-class school is one of the best decisions you can make for your future.
Our online Masters of Business Administration program is affordable, dynamic and proven to help you succeed in the business world. From a globally respected university in the UK, our distance MBA is designed to increase your Canadian market desirability.
Can I get an MBA without a Bachelor’s Degree?
The good news is that MBA programs like ours now exist to make it easier to qualify and more affordable without compromising the value and credibility of the education or credential.
Aston University is a top-rated public university located in Birmingham, England. Our innovative online MBA program delivers the academic quality expected of an MBA program from a world-class university with fewer barriers to entry because we believe there are great leaders and business professionals out there who just need an education and a chance to prove themselves.
This is not your typical MBA program. This innovative program develops future-focused business skills and assists Canadians who do not hold an honors or bachelor’s degree in attaining a career-changing MBA qualification.
If you’re interested in an online MBA program that’s affordable, accelerated and recognizes professional experiences in place of a bachelor’s degree but gives you all the skills to future-prove your senior management career, you should talk to one of our advisors today.
What makes this MBA the best for Canadians?
Aston’s Master of Business Administration degree offers flexible study and highly regarded connections to industry professionals. It equips you to become a confident leader and will develop the way you approach the management of people, organisations and change.
The Aston online MBA is a global program for ambitious, working Canadians with several years of managerial experience. The online MBA develops advanced managerial skills, enhances strategic thinking and decision-making, and produces graduates who can affect organisational change. This online MBA program is perfect for professionals who are ready to take the next step in their career.
What is an online MBA degree?
An online Master of Business Administration program allows you to get a MBA degree without having to step into a physical university campus. This is especially handy for Canadians as our country is vast. Canada is the world’s second largest country behind Russia. According to Canada FAQ the country covers an area of 3.8 million square miles (9.9 million square kilometres), which means over 40 United Kingdoms could fit into Canada.
Canada is so big that it is surrounded by three oceans; the Pacific, the Atlantic and the Arctic, and its stunning coastline is 151,473 miles long. For this reason alone, not everyone has access to a university campus that offers MBA programs.
Imagine not having the stress of a daily commute to school. This provides you the convenience of studying from the comfort of your own home, while affording you the flexibility to continue working and generating an income during your studies. When you don’t have to commute to a campus, you’ll have more time to spend studying and pursuing personal or family activities.
What will I learn by taking an Aston MBA?
First and foremost, you’ll gain a Leadership Edge. Aston online MBA graduates have the ability to think like a leader, make decisions and execute in the real-world. They put into practice the key concepts gained during the program and become highly proficient, engaged leaders. The online MBA can be a catalyst for lasting professional success and new opportunities.
Choose From Multiple Pathways
Tailor our online MBA program to fit your professional needs:
- Global Business - Learn about the global business environment and how it influences business decisions and behaviour.
- Finance - Focus on financial management decisions, the characteristics of different forms of finance, and the linkages between organisations, the financial markets and financial strategy.
- Organisational Development - Gain the critical knowledge and skills to identify and navigate key organisational development issues, including ethics and human resource management.
- Entrepreneurship - Gain the skills necessary to start a successful small business or to innovate within an existing organisation.
How the Aston University Master’s degree is different
One of the major factors that sets the Aston MBA apart from other options available to Canadians is that you do not necessarily need a four-year bachelor’s degree to be accepted into our program. It also is a high-quality education that’s available to Canadians at a lower cost than many other traditional MBA programs.
The Aston University online MBA provides a strong connection to business and industry. Each subject in the program is developed by academics with a wealth of international industry experience and connections, which means you will benefit from having timely and relevant course content that is applicable wherever you work around the world.
This gives you the opportunity to work on real-life projects, collaborate, problem solve and gain experience while you’re still enrolled.
The Aston MBA will prepare you to manage organizations, people and change. You’ll learn what it takes to work in the global business world and gain international perspective which helps you gain the confidence to lead in times of uncertainty. Learn how to create new business and career opportunities in a connected world. Additional topics include data-driven decision making and strategic thinking in business and entrepreneurship.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - The duration of your course is dependent on your previous education levels and your work. This could reduce the number of subjects you study to gain your master's degree. Call our Enrollment team to discuss your options. You may not need a bachelor’s degree to gain entry into the program.
- 100 percent online and flexible - Our courses are delivered 100 percent online, on any device. Maintain work, family and other commitments without the hassle of a fixed timetable.
- Customised course delivery - At Aston, we’re proud to deliver online postgraduate courses tailored to the needs of part-time students. Led by a dedicated learning design team, all course materials are developed with the online student in mind.
- Dedicated academic support - We strive to create an environment that enables you to succeed. By limiting class sizes to just 25 students, our tutors have enough time to provide you with their full attention and support.
- Success coaching and support - In addition to the academic support provided by your subject coordinator and tutors, you will receive individualized support from a Student Success Advisor. Your Student Success Advisor can assist with non-academic advice, whether that’s finding the right resources or keeping you motivated throughout your course.
What it takes to get an online MBA in Canada
Earning your MBA is an investment in time, money and effort but the return is substantial. Investing in yourself is one of the best decisions you can make.
Listen to Vishal, Aston Online MBA student in Toronto, share his strategies for study success:
Qualifications needed for your online MBA
At Aston University, we believe that there are many paths into the business world. That’s why the MBA program, perfect for Canadians, offers a unique option of admission for students without a bachelor’s degree.
We’ve evolved the online MBA and removed some of the barriers to entry that other MBA programs use to exclude students without a formal undergraduate degree without compromising any of the degrees integrity. We also accept students who possess a bachelor's degree. The difference is we see the potential in a greater range of people who need an opportunity for education and the support to succeed in learning on their terms. Your Canadian work experience means something to us wherever it has been undertaken. We know that this invaluable experience positions you well for success in our degree program.
- Quality - Earn your MBA online from a world-class university recognized for academic excellence and innovation worldwide.
- Opportunity - See how you can qualify for enrollment without a bachelor’s degree or entrance exam.
- Flexibility - Learn online and complete your coursework at the time that works best for your schedule.
- Affordability - Make your money go further with an advanced business degree that doesn’t break the bank.
Personal qualities needed to succeed with an online MBA
Regardless of the business school you choose for your MBA, whether on campus or online, certain qualities are will help you to succeed with the exciting rigours of a masters degree in business.
Yes, there will be times when this will be difficult. Strong time management skills, goal-orientedness, and a collaborative attitude are essential qualities required to succeed in an online MBA. As with any degree, being able to focus your attention for extended periods of time is also important.
Perhaps, the most important quality as a student is having a growth mindset, which is an openness and understanding of abilities and intelligence not being fixed, but able to be developed through conscious effort and practice.
As with all learning, the willingness to learn and push your personal limitations is crucial when it comes to making your MBA a rewarding experience.
Learn why the innovative and convenient Aston MBA could be the perfect answer for you as someone from Canada.
Investing in your Master of Business Administration degree program
Block time each day for studying
While online programs provide much more flexibility than on campus programs do, it is still important to stick to a regular schedule and maintain it with discipline. It’s a good idea to create a weekly schedule for yourself, which dedicates time for focused studying.
The flexibility and looser structure of working from home can make it easier to get distracted compared to classroom learning. However, it’s important to establish firm time structure, ensuring that you will be studying regularly and getting the most out of your degree experience.
It’s also wise to maintain a dedicated workspace at home, or go to a public library to study where distractions can be avoided. The arena would be a bad decision. Be sure to turn off your phone notifications while studying so you don’t get thrown off-track from acing your MBA because of all those intrusive notifications.
People who study online MBAs often spend time before and after their day jobs studying, with some time dedicated to coursework on weekends as well. Expect to have to reprioritize some of the activities you currently engage in. An MBA will demand a fair amount of your time.
Fortunately, Aston University Online MBA offers a lot more flexibility than a traditional on campus option, so you will be less stressed for time.
How much will the online MBA cost?
In Canada, an MBA can cost over $100,000. While there are options for online MBAs from Canadian universities, it is difficult to find one that does not require a bachelor’s degree. The Aston MBA costs way less than many other MBA options available to Canadians.
This is the real differentiator in the Aston Online MBA. The cost can be one fifth of the cost of comparable schools in Canada.
Take care of your interests and relationships outside of your studies
While putting 15 to 20 hours per week (study time recommended by Aston University) into your studies is crucial, remember to take care of your essential needs outside of academia as well.
Pay attention to important aspects of living a healthy lifestyle such as nutrition, exercise, sufficient sleep and social interaction. This could mean a nice rollerblade or skate in between study sessions.
Spending fun time with friends, getting involved in club activities on things you enjoy, and being out in nature a few times a week can all make a huge difference.
If you are having trouble getting through your readings and assignments, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Student Success Advisor or course tutor. They are there to help you to succeed.
Pro tip: create a study group using modern communications technology, so that you can enjoy social interaction even while studying. For example, you can create a Facebook group for your fellow classmates, or a Slack/Whatsapp channel.
The time it takes to complete your business degree
It typically takes two years to complete a traditional MBA when studying full-time.
In the Aston Online MBA program, you can study part-time and still earn an income while you finish the program. Many part-time MBAs require three years to finish. At Aston, you will be graduating sooner.
You may not even go into debt because of the flexibility Aston provides, so you can earn while you learn and you only pay for one course at a time.
Imagine graduating with your MBA without major debt, and how liberating that would feel on graduation day. If you need financial assistance, our Student Enrolment Advisors will be happy to help you.
Looking for Canadian financial aid for your online MBA?
There are a variety of student loans that are offered by the Government of Canada to help students pay for post-secondary education.
Aston registered as an accredited educational provider with most Canadian provincial and federal Student Aid departments. For more information about eligibility, please contact the student aid department in your home province. If you have questions or require additional documents to support your application, please talk to your Canadian Enrolment Advisor.
More information about Canadian Financial Aid:
A great place to start is the federal site, CanLearn. You will find information about student loans as well as student grants that may be available to you. The following information was taken from CanLearn and is provided as a guide only.
- Alberta: Alberta Learning – Student Finance
- British Columbia: Student Aid BC
- Manitoba: Student Aid Branch – Advanced Education and Training
- New Brunswick: Student Financial Services – Department of Education
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Student Aid Division, Department of Youth Services and Post-Secondary Education
- Northwest Territories: Student Financial Assistance Program, Department of Education, Culture and Employment
- Nova Scotia: Student Assistance Office - Department of Education
- Nunavut: Financial Assistance
- Ontario: Student Support Branch, Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Prince Edward Island: Student Finance Services – Department of Education
- Québec: Loans and Bursaries Program / Aide financière aux études
- Saskatchewan: Student Financial Assistance, Saskatchewan Learning
- Yukon Territory: Yukon Student Financial Assistance