Frances Seabridge joined Aston Law School in August 2017. She had previously worked as an Academic Partnerships Manager and Senior Lecturer in Law in the Faculty of Business Education and Law at Staffordshire University. Previously, Frances was a Senior Lecturer at the University of Law, (Birmingham) where she held the role of Director of the Block Learning Legal Practice Course.
Frances qualified as a solicitor in September 1992, working for Pinsent Masons in Birmingham and as a solicitor in for Birmingham City Council, before embarking on a career in education.
Her current research interests are Taxation and the Business client, the standards of assessment for the legal profession, skills and employability, and equality and diversity.
Frances has been a co-author writing on the subject of taxation for the textbook for postgraduate Law students (publisher Oxford University Press) since 2013 to date.
- Postgraduate Professional qualification (Law Society Finals) 1990
- LLB Honours 1989 Exeter University
- Lecturer in Law, Aston Business School (August 2017- present).
- Academic Partnerships Manager and Senior Lecturer in Law, Staffordshire University (2002-2017)
- Senior Lecturer University of Law (Birmingham) 2001-2002.
Contract Law, taxation on the Product, Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship module. Tutor for negotiation skills. Placements Lead in Aston Law School.
For the past two years I have contributed to the BDK 400 MBA Project module for the MBA students as well as acting as a supervisor for MBA projects