Leonidas has worked at Aston Business School since September 2011. Before joining Aston, he worked as a Research Associate and Research Group Officer for the Management Science and Information Systems Research Group in the School of Business and Economics at Loughborough University. He holds a BSc in Automation from the Department of Automation at the Technological Institute of Piraeus, an MSc (with Distinction) in Control Systems from the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering at the University of Sheffield and a PhD in the area of Business Forecasting from the same university.
Leonidas' teaching experience began as a lab demonstrator from as early as his final undergraduate year, which also continued during his PhD studies. During his time at Loughborough University he was actively involved with the running of tutorials and lectures in Undergraduate, Postgraduate and MBA modules in the areas of Business Forecasting, Operational Research Methods and Business Statistics. Before joining Aston as a lecturer in Quantitative Methods for Business he acted as an MSc project supervisor for students in MSc Markating Management at Aston Business School.
His research interests include business forecasting, time series analysis, e-commerce, adoption of innovations and information security management. He has published in various international journals such as Expert Systems with Applications, Journals of the Operational Research Society, International Journal of Information Management and others. His work has also been presented in various international conferences. He is acting as reviewer for the International Journal of Information Management and Oxford University Press as well as international conferences. He is a member of the Operational Research Society, British Academy of Management and International Institute of Forecasters.
- Business Forecasting
- Time Series Analysis
- Information Security Management
- Data Mining Techniques
- BN1193 Introduction to Business Analytics (1st Year Undergraduate Module)
- BN2222 Principles in Business Analytics (2nd Year Undergraduate Module)
- BN201D Business Analytics (2nd Year Degree Apprenticeship Module)
- BNM239 Applied Research (MSc Module)
- BNM854 Descriptive Analytics (MSc Module)
- BNM863 Business Analytics in Practice (MSc Module)
- PhD in Business Forecasting, The University of Sheffield, 2004.
- MSc with Distinction in Control Systems, The University of Sheffield, 1999.
- BSc in Automation, Technological Institute of Piraeus, Greece, 1998