The Aston M.B.A. Online: Gain a Leadership Edge
The Aston MBA includes a personal and professional development programme based on the latest thinking in behavioural science to give you the "Aston Edge".
The Aston Edge programme delivered alongside the core curriculum will develop your skills portfolio to help you become a better performer, achieve your goals and equip you to deal with the big challenges that lie ahead in your future at the forefront of business.
Aston online MBA graduates have the ability to think like a leader, make decisions and execute in the real-world. They put into practice the key concepts gained during the programme and become highly proficient, engaged leaders. The online MBA can be a catalyst for lasting professional success and new opportunities.
Online Distance Learning MBA Fast Facts
100 per cent online - bringing quality UK education to your doorstep
Complete in two years; six intakes per year
- Work experience counts - entry route without undergraduate degree available
Start: 16th January 2023
18th December 2022
Free Membership to AMBA
Recognised by Employers Worldwide
Individuals applying to the online MBA programme must have:
- A good UK honours degree or an equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University, together with 3 years of management experience, or
- If you do not have a honours degree or equivalent, you may be considered on 7+ years management/progressive leadership experience, clearly detailed in your CV
- If you do not have management experience and are looking to enhance your business skills, Aston offers a suite of Online Business and Management programmes
International students require an official academic transcript with an official English translation of university grades.
International students whose native language is not English will need to satisfy English language requirements of the University. For further details please request more information.
Triple Accreditationfrom Equis, AACSB and AMBA
- Top20 in the WorldQS Distance Online MBA Rankings 2018
- Ranked3rdOnline MBAs in the UKCEO Magazine 2020
- 91%Student SatisfactionNational Student Survey
- 82%Employability Rating Times/Sunday Times 2017 Good University Guide
The Aston Online MBA Experience
Latest Aston Podcast
Our Aston Edge modules are taken alongside the MBA curriculum and are designed to give you that leading edge. You will delve into modern skills like agility and learn to lead with empathy naturally. Become a strategic communicator with top negotiating skills and tools at your disposal to manage conflict effectively.
By the end of the modules, you will have created your brand, expanded your global network and grown vital business relationships. You will have a unique portfolio that continues to serve your professional development well after graduation.
The Aston Edge Modules
Aston Edge Futures
The first phase aims to prepare you to make the most of the MBA programme by building on critical skills. You will be asked to set goals, reflect on what motivates you, what your ideal career looks like and what obstacles you must overcome to fulfill your long-term goals.
Aston Edge Reflections and Growth
Continue to foster self-awareness during this phase of the Aston Edge programme, building on your networking and relationship skills. Through online activities, webinars and networking, this portion teaches you aspects of behavioural science to effectively communicate with others.
Aston Edge Project
This final stage is the completion of a hands-on research project to showcase the skills and leadership capabilities developed throughout the MBA programme. You will select an organisational challenge and spend time curating the ideal managerial methods, business methods and tools necessary to reach a socially responsible solution.
You can either choose to follow a given pathway or select your own modules, providing more flexibility to mix and match modules. Note that if you choose a pathway and a project in the same area this will be recorded in your final Programme of Study. Please request more info for a full list of pathway modules.
The module aims to enable students to understand and interpret a range of financial statements and other financial information used by organisational stakeholders to aid decision making in relation to the allocation of capital.
The module aims to enable to develop the skills and competencies necessary to critically analyse organisational marketing options and to contribute to strategic marketing decision.
The module aims to enable students to analyse strategic issues facing a variety of different organisations using appropriate concepts, frameworks and models in order to inform strategic decision making.
This module introduces students to fundamental concepts in economics, in order to develop an economic perspective on business decision making in a wide range of contexts and applications.
The module aims to provide an understanding of the role of operations management and how it contributes to business competitiveness.
The module aims to introduce theoretical and real world perspectives on leading modern complex organisations, including consideration of the complexity of behaviour, processes, systems and cultures.
You can choose to follow one of four available pathways, or you can select one module from each of Block 1 and Block 2. For more information on the optional modules request more information.
Gain the analytical and strategic skills necessary to start a successful small business. It also aims to contribute to an 'entrepreneurial culture' amongst Aston postgraduates and encourage students to consider entrepreneurship as an alternative to employment.
- Discuss the key theories of entrepreneurship and the strategic practice of entrepreneurship.
- Evaluate the growth and market potential of existing and new business opportunities.
- Prepare a feasible and sustainable plan for the creation of a new business venture based on a clearly identified commercial opportunity.
Focus on the key principles and challenges of financial management decisions, the characteristics of different forms of finance, and the linkages between organisations, the financial markets and financial strategy.
- Identify and analyse the financial problems faced by firms in their financial and economic environments.
- Use financial tools to provide effective solutions to organisational challenges.
- Critically evaluate financial theory in the identification of effective solutions to organisational challenges.
Develop a systematic understanding of the fundamental aspects of the global business environment that influence business decisions and behaviour.
- Explore the opportunities and challenges involved in the operation of multinational enterprises.
- Assess the economic, political, social and cultural influences on the operation of multinational enterprises.
- Evaluate the entry and organisational strategies of multinational enterprises using key theories from international business studies.
Build in-demand leadership skills needed to thrive in the fast pace of technological change and keep your organisation ready for future challenges.