The online MSc Business Analytics welcomes students in entry-level analytical and project management roles, as well as those who are further along in their careers and aspire to leadership positions. The curriculum is relevant to multiple industries including accounting and finance, human resources, business and administration, information technology, marketing, advertising, and sales.
100 per cent online - bringing quality education to your doorstep
180-credit postgraduate degree programme
- 3 Intakes Per Year - choose when you start. Application deadline is 23rd April 2021 for May 2021 intake
- Flexible study options for working professionals
- Complete in just 2 years, including dissertation and pay per module
- Affordable, accredited, quality degree
- Global network of more than 90,000 alumni
You should possess a good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class) or an equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University. Undergraduate degree is preferred to be in one of the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- A quantitative social science
We will also consider applicants with a non-quantitative degree with relevant work experience (minimum of one year in a relevant field - CV required) or alternative quantitative qualifications (prior experience in programming languages such as R and Python). All applicants must also submit:
- Official academic transcript of your grades to date
- Completed application form
- Two professional references - at least one must be from an academic reference
- Official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date.
- Speak to your advisor if you are eligible for an English Language waiver (for eample if you already hold a degree taught in English).
- International students must also meet English language requirements as evidenced by a satisfactory TOEFL (minimum score of 93) or IELTS (overall minimum score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 for each individual IELTS skill) score or an equivalent English language qualification recognised by Aston University.
Below is a list of courses you will study during the Online MSc Business Analytics programme:
The final step in pursuing your online MSc in Business Analytics is to deliver a dissertation on a topic of your choosing.
You will select the appropriate research methodologies for investigating your topic, assess the validity and reliability of previous studies, and conduct research that is sensitive to cultural and economic contexts.
Your final deliverable is to develop a comprehensive report that communicates your research results clearly and effectively. Organisation, time management and presentation skills are emphasised in this module, which allows for six months to complete your dissertation.
The Business Analytics distance learning master’s programme from Aston University will prepare you for analytics roles through practical business applications, relevant case studies and hands-on experience with today’s most in-demand technologies. You will develop a clear understanding of the three types of data analytics – descriptive, predictive and prescriptive – as you learn how to:
Evaluate and Assess
Use descriptive analytics to extract meaningful information from large amounts of data and visualise findings for ease of understanding.
Predict and Project
Apply predictive analytics methods to anticipate patterns, estimate potential outcomes and model scenarios for a range of business needs.
Guide business decision-making through prescriptive analytics that quantify future outcomes with actionable data.
Develop as a Professional
Build necessary skills in communication, presentation, consultation and business dynamics while also establishing leadership behaviours.