Improve your understanding of how to use data to inform strategic decision-making at Aston University. Our flagship distance learning MSc Business Analytics programme welcomes professionals from all disciplines seeking to develop the knowledge and technological skills that are in high demand by organisations around the world. Prepare for a successful career as you work through practical business applications, study relevant case studies and gain hands-on experience with today’s most in-demand technologies.
100 per cent online, part-time
Affordable fee of £11,050
- 3 intakes per year
- Personalised support for your success
Best University in the UK
The Guardian University Guide 2020
in UK among Data Analytics programmes [Eduniversal 2018]
in the UK for student experience
in the World for Business and Management studies
in the world for Employability Rankings
A Unique Skill Set
Upon completion of the MSc Business Analytics, you will develop and refine a wide range of business skills demanded by employers worldwide including:
- Problem-Solving: Develop competence in analytical tools and techniques that lead to effective management and change within data-driven teams and organisations.
- Strategic Decision-Making: Learn how to uncover patterns, unknown correlations, market trends and customer preferences to make informed decisions.
- Analytical Expertise: Gain confidence and experience needed to practically apply software packages, machine learning algorithms, text analytics and predictive modelling.
To enter one of the online programmes in the MSc Business Analytics Suite, you should possess a good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class) or an equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University. All applicants must submit the following:
- Official academic transcript(s) of your grades to date
- Two written recommendations, preferably at least one academic referee
- Current CV
- International students: An official academic transcript, with an official English translation
A quantitative undergraduate degree is preferred. We will also consider applicants with a non-quantitative degree with relevant work experience or alternative quantitative qualifications e.g. R and Python.
International students must meet English language requirements outlined below or an equivalent English language qualification recognised by Aston University.
- TOEFL: A minimum score of 93
- IELTS: An overall minimum score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 for each individual IELTS skill