I was able to take advantage of workshops to build core skills in teamwork, presentations, influencing, leadership."
MSc Business & Management
89 per cent Student Satisfaction Rating.
Business School triple accredited by AACSB, AMBA and Equis.
Top 100 for Business and Management Studies.
Business & Management Fast Facts
- 100 per cent online
- 180 credit hours
- Complete in two years
- 9 modules
- Core modules: 90 credits, Pathway modules: 30 credits, Dissertation: 60 credits
- Take one seven-week module at a time: six weeks of learning and one week of assessment
- Dissertation to show the cumulative effect of all your skills
- Six intakes per year
Business & Management Recognition
- Top 100 for Business and Management Studies (QS World Rankings 2015)
- Aston has an 89 per cent Student Satisfaction Rating (National Student Survey 2015)
- Aston has an 82 per cent employability rating (Times/Sunday Times University Guide 2017)
- Five-star university (QS Stars)
Aston University Online’s Master of Science in Business & Management is geared toward mature learners looking to obtain, as well as refine, business skills. All disciplines and academic backgrounds are welcome. Programme graduates will master a wide range of skills, including interpreting financial statements, developing marketing and pricing strategies, as well as understanding strategies in tandem with innovation processes. The MSc programme prepares individuals to enter a range of professions and environments from small businesses to worldwide brands.
Modules are seven weeks long, with six weeks of coursework and one week of assessment. Start in any block and take one six-week module (part time). Instructors will assess students through a variety of means, including coursework, projects, presentations, and oral and written examinations.
The online learning environment helps you connect and broaden your professional network. At the same time, you’ll concentrate on building management skills to use evidence-based management techniques to work effectively in teams.Multiple Pathways
Choose a particular pathway from a number of options to tailor your degree to your professional needs. Pathways include: International Business, Finance, Governance, Marketing, and Organisational Behavior.Dissertation
As a student, you’ll focus on a chosen topic in detail while conducting the relevant research. You will manage data, analyse processes and develop a comprehensive report on a subject of your interest. Students have four blocks (six months) to complete their dissertations.
To enter the online MSc Business & Management programme, you need one of the following:
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- An equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University
The programme requires two references with at least one from an academic referee. Applicants must also supply an official transcript of university grades to date and a completed application form.
Contact one of our Admissions Advisers at +44 808 168 5253 or download a brochure by filling out the form on the page.International Students
A transcript of your university grades to date is required. The transcript must be officially translated into English.
If your native language is not English, you may have to meet Aston’s English language requirements.Exempt Individuals
Graduates with two years of study from a UK university and who have achieved a 2:2 within the last two years may meet the English language requirements. Graduates with one year in the UK and a 2:1 may also be within the English language requirements. Domicile in a majority English-speaking country for two years prior may also meet the English language requirement.English Language Requirements
- TOEFL for postgraduate programmes
- IELTS Academic Test — standard or from a UKVI test centre
- Pearson Academic Test of English
Applicants can view score requirements here.
Funding options are available. Learn more on our Fees and Funding page.
Careers and Outcomes
Graduates have gone on to enter a number of fields and disciplines, including human resources, strategic management, operations, marketing and accounting. Positions held by recent graduates span a breadth of countries and continents. Some examples are:
- Brand Activation Executive — Unilever (United Arab Emirates)
- Communications and Training Executive — Tesco (UK)
- Management Consultant — Deloitte (India)
- Senior Business Analyst — Lloyds TSB (UK)
- Strategic Project Leader — Rolls-Royce (UK)
To learn more about Aston’s record in employability and student success, call +44 808 168 5253 to talk with an Admissions Adviser today.